Review: Della Fattoria

Sue Jacob and Meheak Singh

A cozy and welcoming ambiance greets you the moment you walk in, while the scent of freshly made dough fills the homey cafe. A look around the room reveals the long wooden tables and content faces of the customers enjoying their morning brunch. As the sweet aroma of freshly baked pastries wafts past the customers, they are quickly greeted with warm smiles and energetic service. Surrounded by diligent and friendly employees, we are quickly placed at a table outside where the scenery seemed to be a chic, natural environment—a teapot of succulents on the rustic wooden tables and vines crawling up the brick walls of the building.

A simple yet elegant menu lands in our hands. We see a variety of seemingly delicious dishes and we are soon fixed on their turkey sandwich, with a “Della Fattoria twist.” The flavorful turkey was laid upon a bed of lettuce, and the crunch of the crisp bacon provided a surprising, yet welcoming juxtaposition to the softness of the sourdough bread. Decorated next to the vibrant autumn salad, the sandwich was certainly scrumptious; however, a toasting of the sourdough bread would have elevated the experience.

While their dishes were certainly delicious, we found it odd that the food arrived much earlier than the drinks; we were nearly done with our meal by the time our Arnold Palmer and House Coffee made their appearance. Nevertheless, we found the food itself delectable and the restaurant a definite must-try. While the prices may warrant some question, the delicacy of their simple, yet flavorful sandwiches will create a lasting impression on all who have the pleasure of experiencing them. Leaving the pleasant cafe with satisfied taste buds and full stomachs, we point all individuals who enjoy brunch and a great get together location to Della Fattoria.