Back to Article
Back to Article

Voice: Leah and Maya Bjostad

Photo by Megan Gauer

Photo by Megan Gauer

Photo by Megan Gauer

Voice: Leah and Maya Bjostad

Every issue of our newspaper features a unique student and showcases their experiences through their own words.

April 10, 2019

Maya

My favorite part of being a twin is always being there for each other and always having someone by your side. She’s also my best friend. I don’t really have a least favorite thing about being a twin because I love being a twin. I know Leah doesn’t like sharing clothes, but I think it is so fun to share stuff. Leah is older by six minutes. Sometimes if we are in an argument she will use the fact that she is older against me. We love telling each other everything and sharing everything. She’s always there for me and helps me with anything. I know she will always be there for me and I can always trust her no matter what. We have the same friends and we are always together. I love having all of my classes with Leah. We always help each other with homework and it makes it easier when we are learning the exact same subject. I also love having Leah in class with me because we talk and she is always my partner for a group project which is really fun. We get along really well in classes together and it makes it more fun and really helpful. Leah and I have almost the exact same personality and we always think the same thing we also love summer things like volleyball, animals, and family. The most different thing about us would be our appearances. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, while Leah has brown hair, brown eyes. We also have different skin tones. We don’t fight a lot, but when we do, it’s over little things. Or sometimes we might have a different opinion about something. We really want to go to the same college. We would both love it and think it would be really fun and make our college experience more memorable. We mostly share the same interests. We both play volleyball and we played together. We also love all animals and always want to help others. We like some of the same school subjects like English, but we always help each other with the other classes. We also love spending time with our family and pets. We are both kind, helpful, caring people and we love making each other laugh. Some differences are that I think I am funnier than her, but we always make each other laugh. I also think I have more patience than her because she gets frustrated quicker sometimes. We are always competing against each other. We always try to get a better score on a test and are always trying to do better at volleyball than the other person. I think we are both equally smart because Leah is better at certain subjects in school and she will always help me, but the subjects that Leah doesn’t understand, I do, so we both help each other.